Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm So Proud

My wife Kristy is a stud. Or studette, however the grammar works in a feminine form.

She is an amazing wife and friend, and the supreme mother of four. She works with children daily (Littlerock Elementary rules! Yes, I'm alumni...), and has love and strength for our four crazies at home. What a stud(ette, elle, etc.). And now, this.

I am Proud Of My Wife because she entered the Seattle Marathon for this fall. She is doing the half-marathon (13 miles), but hey, I get tired driving thirteen miles.

I think she is pretty amazing. Of course, I am not biased; this is basic fact. We all know this.

6 comments:

Jennifer S. said...

Does she know about this entry? She will surely blush. (Yes, I'm proud of her to!)

Jennifer S. said...

I mean too! As in also.

Mandy said...

I don't know what you mean by stud in your neck of the woods but in mine it is a male horse [though could be applied other animal species] that goes round giving his seed to ripe females who go on to produce offspring. If your wife is the female equivalent then I'm not sure what you mean and it certainly doesn't sound complimentary.

Sean Boyd said...

Mandy,

Thank you for your note reminding me of the primary definition of stud! It certainly was not my intention to paint a picture of equine breeding (nor was my usage of stud intended to provoke images of stud earrings, stud poker, etc.)...only the loose form of "studly", meaning admirable in a strong way. And in that form, she is certainly admirable. Thanks again. I

Mandy said...

I didn't think for one moment you meant stud in any equine sense but your comment still baffles me. I suppose you mean she is full of stamina - perhaps better if you described her as superwoman!

Sean Boyd said...

Superwoman it is! Although many would argue that that is redundant...