Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Book, a cup, two with the flu, and He's enough



A Book - Right now I'm reading Christ Plays In Ten Thousand Places, by Eugene Peterson. So far it's a great read; a conversational yet in depth look at spiritual theology.
A Cup - Of rich, full bodied java. Few friends are as faithful as coffee. Of course, it's a limited friendship.
Two With The Flu - Our kids have been taking turns. Eli and Libs are home today, coming out of days with fever and such. We watched The Aristocats this morning - "everybody wants to be a cat!" My son disagrees; he says dogs do not.
He's Enough - In talking with a few friends this week, it's a good reminder. Jesus' grace is sufficient for me, and His power is perfected in weakness. I can rest in the fact that God has (and knows) what I need, and the fuel I put into worries, anxieties and fears can instead fuel my trust in Him. He's good like that.

No comments: