Thursday, March 06, 2008

Eating Hummus Is Like Being Part of a Church

I'm eating Stacy's Pita Chips Simply Naked (the chips are, not me), dipped in really good hummus, with garlic, pesto, pine nuts, and roasted red peppers.

Dang.

It's real good stuff. There was a time when I was real unsure about hummus; I had eaten hummus that really was nasty. I'm sure the AFHL (Association For Hummus Lovers) would have cried out if they had tasted it, warning me, "No! That's not how hummus should taste! You've been robbed!"

I never had that conversation; I just decided to give it a go a few more times. Some more bad hummus came my way, and some good. And because of that, my lunch today is unreal.

Sometimes it takes another try in some fresh new hummus, but we have to be brave - bad hummus stinks. It's worth it when you taste the good, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! -Jennifer

Quiet Paths said...

Did you make it yourself? Sounds delicious with the red pepper. If we have Tahini and a food processor it is easy!

Sean Boyd said...

Wasn't homemade; I've never made it before. Store bought, yet still good. I should try it!