Friday, November 02, 2007

Take My Luggage, Please!

So I am speaking at our church for three weeks on luggage; the teaching series is called "What About My Luggage: Unpacking Doubt, Guilt, & Control". From the feedback I got from last week, there are a few thoughts that many of us have floating in the back of our minds:

1. We have doubts packed away in our spiritual luggage
2. We do not feel like we can open our bags and ever let that be seen

I know there's several reasons for this (judgment, fear, how we will be viewed, etc.), and it stinks. But God is bigger than our doubts, and if we open our suitcases up, our doubts can become an invitation to know God in deeper ways.

So hey, as a pastor with some doubts of my own, it has been a real refreshing thing to study and speak on. If you want to download the audio, it's here. In a couple days I will talk about unpacking guilt. Ugh. Another thing that weights down our luggage.

No comments: